Love my new toy!

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Untitled_Artwork.jpg

Well, there was a bright side on having to wait several days for my iPad Pro to arrive. I watched several hours of videos and tutorials on the Procreate app to familiarize myself with the program. I am amazed at it's depth, especially since it only cost $5.99!!!

Of course I'm still learning new tricks every hour I spend with it, but there are always new questions.

I love the Apple pencil for general painting but still find it too "slick" on the glass surface to get tight inking lines that we look for in our engraving design work. I know that Sam and others are doing remarkably clean and smooth drawing on the glass directly, but I can't seem to get the same results. And yes, I am using Sam's "pencil" that he so generously posted. Does anyone know of a screen protector with a "bit of tooth" to the surface that would give more of a pen on paper feel?

A further question to Carlos. Do you like the silicone sheath on the Apple pencil that I saw in one of your photos? Or do you think that it makes the pencil too thick? I like that it keeps the pencil charging cap from getting lost.

I've attached my first "painting" experiment. Yes, I know that it has nothing to do with engraving! First let it be known that this is not my original design. It is from an airbrushing tutorial book that I bought many years ago when I was trying to teach myself how to airbrush. Believe me, Procreate, and it's ability to work in layers and to mask individual elements is so much easier than the old airbrush technique of cutting friskets by hand for airbrushing sharp edges.

So I'm having a ball but I have a lot to learn about Apple products. I even visited the nearest Cathedral of Jobs, (Apple Store), but their "genius's" (Yep, that's what they're called.) explanation as to my getting my iTunes directly into the iPad from my PC via a direct connection, didn't work at all. Oh well, I'm going back to more play time (but I tell my wife that it's serious research).

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Awsome job! I love the sheath, no it does not make it that thick, it actually helps draw for longer periods of time, im having a custom made sheath made that will attach to my ipad cover with keyboard the original apple version, so the pencil is always attached to it. I just did not like the glassnfeel of the pencil on its own.

GunEngraver.com Custom Guns Knives and More PAYMENT PLANS Available

Latest posts

Sponsors