Announcement: Paul Hamler YouTube video

MICHAEL

Elite Cafe Member
Just came across Paul Hamler on Keith Rucker's YouTube channel this morning. He does a shop tour and shows tools he's made, Lancaster rifle, engraving, lost wax casting, and how he does transfers, all < 30 mins. Not sure how to post the link but it's VintageMachinery.org. Paul is a great guy. Always willing to help anyone who asks. He plans on making his own YouTube videos In The future. :tiphat:

MICHAEL

Elite Cafe Member
Just realized he has 2 videos on Keith's channel. Keith has a lot of great videos also, if your interested in machining / or woodwork. Paul has his own YouTube channel. I just subscribed. If any other engraver, machinists, gunsmiths, welders, grip /stockmakers or woodworkers have YouTube channels please post here. I start and end my days watching YouTube videos learning new skills.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I first meet Paul Hamler at the Cabin Fever Expo a machinist & model show in York,Pennsylvania in 2004,Paul had a table there with his beautiful miniature tools the video that Mike talked about is a the Lindsay forum. J.J.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
We shot a video yesterday taking the viewer from start to finish on the making of a tool out of a hickory axe handle. He has a couple of things left to do that he can do just with a tripod then comes the editing. I'm anxious to see it myself when it's done. I didn't get home till midnight nearly but we had a lot of fun shooting it. I'll let Paul tell what the tool is when he's ready to let the cat outta the bag.

Fred Bowen

Elite Cafe Member
The last time I talked to Paul he was making 1/2 and 1/3 scale functional flintlocks. Is he still making them. I thought I had ordered one, but it could be I only thought I did. My memory is so filled with knowledge that I must have run out of room about the time I talked to him about it.

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
To 'pmace': Paul's tooling, some of it, won't be found on any website any time soon. Excepting miniature end mills, watchmaking files, drills, the lathes and milling machines used in this work if he uses much of them, the tools aren't there and form tools you'll have to make yourself. Those measuring techniques needed need to be effected in sometime unconventional ways. It's a whole different way of doing things. Years ago, I met Herschel Kopp, of the Miniature Arms society, at a Pittsburgh gun show. He explained some techniques to me, as these guys make fully functioning and firing replicas of pistols, rifles, and shotguns that defy the imagination. I also saw a superb example of 'bright cut' done on the back of a pocketwatch that was gold, with a Rose Engine or Rosette machine. Generally, miniature work means miniature tools. The skill of these guys is second to none. Check out the gun shows sometime, or the modelmaker shows!

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
There well be a table at the Baltimore Antique Arms Show of miniature arms held at the Maryland State Fair Grounds Cow Palace 2200 York Rd.Timonium,Md.2108 on March 18 & 19,2017. :thumbsup: J.J.