Question: Bulino designing

WSammut

Just out of curiosity, how do most people design the image to engrave for bulino? Is it all from the mind Bob Ross style, looking at a picture next to them or just straight image transfer right to the work?
Thanks

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm sure all of those methods are used at one time or another. Most of mine are taken either from pictures or non-copyrighted art work. Otherwise, I just draw the design on the work itself.

dcurrie911

Elite Cafe Member
IMHO use only photos of actual animals. Period..... Drawing and paintings are very personal. You may love it but others see something unrealistic. Mant photographers will give you permission to use their photos.

Dan

stick

I am a beginner, but this is what i do. I get a laser printed image (mirrored) on plain paper and then use nail polish remover to dab the transfer to metal. Works everytime. Then i outline (dot) the image. The rest is done by looking at the image and replicate as best as possible. Just my 2 cents. You can look how i transfer the image on YouTube (Mazej Nejc channel)
Enjoy

peteb

Elite Cafe Member
papaElephant.960.jpg I use a vector program on line like Vector Magic for any photos and convert the results to shades of gray. I use a diamond drag panto for layout, going back to delineate each lighter area. I use up to 5 shades of gray in addition to black. Simply use various gravers to remove metal in patterns that allow for the graduations of color, with-in the appropriate vector outline then refine where the dots overlap.

Sponsors