magnification recommendation?

bro.steve

Has anyone used a colposcope? I have access to one with 2,4,10,25x power settings, and suppose it is described as a tri-nocular. Illumination is 140 watts by halogen filaments. It is Japanese, under the name cryomedics...Steve

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
do you have a link or photos? i'm probably speaking for many when i say i've never even heard of a colposcope...

pmace

Elite Cafe Member
A quick search shows it's for female gynecolological exams. The problem is that it seems to be set up to view horizontally, not vertically like you would need. If they were giving it away I'd take it just to see if it could be modified to make it work but I wouldn't pay good money for it.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
nobody could tell you the best power to use while engraving. your own personal preferences will dictate that to you. the practical scope, is a "stereo zoom" model. for one thing, it gives the sense of depth in what you're doing. it also allows for a complete range of magnification. i'd think most people would work somewhere between minimum and max. one should choose a .5 objective lens to allow room for the hands.

Latest posts

Sponsors