Help, please: Scroll design without leaves

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
If we are going to choose up sides I go for No. 1 because in No. 2 there is a clash between upper and lower scrolls in the left portion. Also on the upper segment the largest main scroll on the right I think looked better with all the elements flowing to the left as in the very first post...but without the cross overs as you now have it.

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
Okay so nr 1 is in the lead, I guess I have to go back to the drawing board to make one without cross overs.
Thanks guys

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
Hi guys!
So I have listed to your comments and tried to incorporate it all into one sketch. I really appreciate your help and I do understand if you are tired of all my questions.
Anyway here it is.

IMG_5591.jpg

The best

mvangle

Elite Cafe Member
I like that. The only comment would be the upper right section has a larger "scroll" size the the rest. Like two different font sizes. I hope you kept the tip pattern. Can't see it in this photo. Don't loose the top right design at all just even the "weight" or thickness of the scrolls on the rest. Anxious to see the next one.

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
Hmm okay, I'm not sure what you mean by "tip pattern" ? However the scrolls will pan out into smaller scrolls or half scrolls as I have done previously but left out this time.
The top right scroll, Do you mean something like this on the photo in red?
IMG_5592.jpg

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
Okay Jeremy, I think I have done the changes you suggested.
I added a "scroll" don't know what to call it on the big scroll up to the right.
I extended the scene by adding two additional scrolls at the left end. Added one scroll down to the right. I also added small scrolls "drops" to fill out blank areas hoping that was the tip thing you are referring to. I still think I have too much blank space in the big scrolls and wondering if It could work by adding small drops or tiny scrolls like I have done in the outskirts but inside the scrolls to fill out blank areas?
Thanks for taking the time
The best
IMG_5594.jpg

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
I highlighted a few spots that bother me a little. The background-to-scrolls ratio changes there. The inside scrolls have very little background on some places and right next to them there's huge area.

IMG_5594 2.jpg

You could very easily move the inside scrolls a little bit apart to make the areas more even... Just a thought.

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
Oh, few more things.

Scrolls in areas 1 and 2 seem very lonely, probably need to make them bigger or add something more to there.

Arrow points to the area where I'd make the scrolls touch each other, not leave free space there.

IMG_5594 3.jpg

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
I highlighted a few spots that bother me a little. The background-to-scrolls ratio changes there. The inside scrolls have very little background on some places and right next to them there's huge area.

View attachment 40856

You could very easily move the inside scrolls a little bit apart to make the areas more even... Just a thought.
Wow thanks! Well I want the lumps to meet so I am not sure about just spreading them. Perhaps make them thinner and add one more instead. That would probably do the trick and maybe what you meant. I really appreciate your help.

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
Oh, few more things.

Scrolls in areas 1 and 2 seem very lonely, probably need to make them bigger or add something more to there.

Arrow points to the area where I'd make the scrolls touch each other, not leave free space there.

View attachment 40857

Yeah I need something there. I will probably make the drops bigger, I can't do much else because it is a very tiny space in scale 1.1
Yes sure, the scrolls will definitely meet where your mark is.
The best

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
i have a question! where are you going to engrave the initials of everybody who has helped with the design?

:rolleyes:

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
Guys! I think I got all your comments now.
You have helped me a lot and for that I am so great full, thanks guys!

IMG_5595.jpg

Leland Davis

Elite Cafe Member
That's the first thing I have seen designed by committee that looks good but SamW gave you good advice early on ultimately it is your deal.

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
I have been engraving for some time now but never managed to get my scrolls to sing so to say. I needed your help and hopefully my reptilian brain is set straight now.
I can finally hear the music in the scene above.
Thanks again for all your help.
The best

Latest posts

Sponsors