A few pics of a Ruger SR1911

Riflesmith

Elite Cafe Member
The client was quite satisfied, nothing like a pleased client.

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 285
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 286
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 281
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 283
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 285
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 281
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 286

Riflesmith

Elite Cafe Member
John, this was easier to cut than one might think. This tiger wasn't as hard as the Kimbers I've cut and once you get going you get used to the feel of the cutting.

Riflesmith

Elite Cafe Member
kfengraver, thank you, and to answer your question I'll give you a somewhat philosophical way to arrive at said question. When handed a raw firearm on must consider all the procedures necessarily involved. There is surface preparation, design of a pattern that will "hold the eye" and "pique the imagination" yet include the elements desired by the client and stay within the budgetary constraints of the client. This may require a little "negotiation" with the client. That has to be balanced with ones own cost of living plus one own inherent natural unalienable right, given us by our Creator, to gain from ones own faculties. Given the above prerequisites there is over 800 hours of labor, fun, enjoyment and satisfaction as SamW refers, in this piece, so, I ask you, what is 800 hour of labor worth?

Thank you to all who liked, commented and just looked!

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Love the letter as well. Very nice.
And John, having also cut one of the Ruger 1911s i can attest to the ease of cutting. I think it's a 416 or some similar steel. At least it feels that way. Not too stiff, slightly gummy but cuts cleanly.
Layne

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
kfengraver, thank you, and to answer your question I'll give you a somewhat philosophical way to arrive at said question. When handed a raw firearm on must consider all the procedures necessarily involved. There is surface preparation, design of a pattern that will "hold the eye" and "pique the imagination" yet include the elements desired by the client and stay within the budgetary constraints of the client. This may require a little "negotiation" with the client. That has to be balanced with ones own cost of living plus one own inherent natural unalienable right, given us by our Creator, to gain from ones own faculties. Given the above prerequisites there is over 800 hours of labor, fun, enjoyment and satisfaction as SamW refers, in this piece, so, I ask you, what is 800 hour of labor worth?

Thank you to all who liked, commented and just looked!

nott sure which i like best-- the gun engraving, or your reply about the cost. i guess i like the gun best. it is a fabulous looking job.

Latest posts

Sponsors