Bill Bagwell Hell's Belle engraved by Master engraver the late E.C. Prudhomme

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
What you do is click on reply to your latest post, then click on "go advanced" click on manage attachments and then on add files, browse and select what you want to upload to your "attachments" file. Photo sizes should be limited in size, don't remember just what size but about 150 to 180kb should work just great.

Hi Sam... I am now calling Sam. I trust you won't mind. I did it, I was able to upload two photographs following your guidance... Many thanks Sam-You now can see the photographs of four Bill Bagwell I received! Many , many thanks Sam!

Good morning: The Prudhomme engraving is on the 12/13 pieces on the Bagwell Hell's Belle he did back in the early 70's. Please see post on page 4 for further details and a reply by James Richard-you will then understand. Would you happen to have any Bagwell's knives to be photographed for a book or his catalogs by any chance? Many thanks-Dominique

amytiny45

Good Evening; Following this post, you will see the original Bagwell Bowie Knife engraved by Mr Prudhomme. I have seen some of the other knives with engravings of the sandbar fight at Natchez MS. If my memory serves me right, the majority of the knives with engraving were sold to collectors all over the world, especially France. The other knives which are photographed are also Bagwell hunting knives made especially for me. Of particular interest of the later knives is that the one on the right hand side of the photo is made of Bagwell's formula of Damascus steel.

The Bowie knife depicted is of original length with a clip tipped. This particular knife was hand forged and decorated with nickel silver. There is an initial escuchon on the spine of the blade. The handle is of an African dark wood and depicts Bagwell's coffin type Bowie. If you have any questions feel free to text me at any time.

I am a novice engraver and am studying Sam Alphano's scroll work. I purchased a microscope and will take detail pictures of the engraving when scope arrives.

Attachments

• IMG_4743.jpg
    IMG_4743.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_4752.jpg
    IMG_4752.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_4750.jpg
    IMG_4750.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_4732.jpg
    IMG_4732.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_4744.jpg
    IMG_4744.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_4738.jpg
    IMG_4738.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4735.jpg
    IMG_4735.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4751.jpg
    IMG_4751.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_4746.jpg
    IMG_4746.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_4742.jpg
    IMG_4742.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_4731.jpg
    IMG_4731.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_4736.jpg
    IMG_4736.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 61
Hello and thank you for your reply. I do have other questions but where can I call you? As you sated text me if you have questions....but I do not have a cell phone neither do I know where and how to get in touch with your persona. I send you a couple of private message but you did not respond to date. So please, could you try to call or tell me where I can call and chat with you concerning your knives. Hope to hear from you now. Best regards-Dominique

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors