Another Procreate Scroll

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Looking good Mike. Be mindful of maintaining a consistent size with your scrolls and elements.

Mike_Morgan

Elite Cafe Member
Looking good Mike. Be mindful of maintaining a consistent size with your scrolls and elements.

I am clearly still learning the whole "scroll lore" thing... But what I was attempting to do was show the scroll growing, or emerging from the point of origin, with new growth represented in smaller, more delicate forms as they are unfurling. That was the idea, anyway... albeit a poorly executed attempt!

Another intent in this design exercise was to play around with fold-overs in the leaf structure that start on the spine, but kind of hide it a bit. The spine is more implied than seen, even though many of the spine lines are right there, obfuscated in the leaf elements.

And last but not least... I know you're right, because I really liked it on the iPad, but once I saw it on my computer screen, the first thing I said was "Wow... those small elements are too dainty, and the large ones are too "bushy"... Pressing on regardless, every one of these things is making me more and more confident!

Being able to draw in relative darkness is one of the incredible benefits of the iPad Pro. Drawing while sitting on the sofa as Stacie watches the TV with the room lights off is no place to work with paper and pencils. The iPad Pro has enabled me to draw daily, instead of when I have some free time away from everything else, which is a rare commodity in my life.