lettering job

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Recently completed a simple lettering job that made me wake up and appreciate each new day that comes along. I'll bet that many of you get these same type of jobs. Seems so final...

lettering.jpg

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
What type of graver did you use and what is the size of the letters. I use a 40 flat for the bright cut and a 105 for the lines. I have also been looking for a good font or layout for wriggle cut letters. any ideas?

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
What type of graver did you use and what is the size of the letters. I use a 40 flat for the bright cut and a 105 for the lines. I have also been looking for a good font or layout for wriggle cut letters. any ideas?

The capital letters are .230" high and I used a 105 for everything. Sometimes I use a 120 if the letters are larger. The font is Palace Script. Never done wriggle cutting on letters so I can't help you there. Thanks for looking.

Ishokenmei

I once saw a picture that stated your gravestone will contain two dates, make the most out of the dash.

March 6 1922 - January 3 2017

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i was doing commercial plate work for 2 funeral homes, and a cemetery. i ended up doing a few casket plates. checking on this art form will reveal a very diverse and interesting body of engraving. few funeral directors ( at least around here) ever heard of a casket plate. yours looks nice. can you show a pic of the entire plate please. google casket plates, you'll find some interesting work.

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
i was doing commercial plate work for 2 funeral homes, and a cemetery. i ended up doing a few casket plates. checking on this art form will reveal a very diverse and interesting body of engraving. few funeral directors ( at least around here) ever heard of a casket plate. yours looks nice. can you show a pic of the entire plate please. google casket plates, you'll find some interesting work.

That is very interesting Monk. This one is only a simple silver plate 2" x 3". I did it for the family's jeweler and not even sure how it will be used. Here is a larger pic (iphone pic) that shows a bit more but I feel like I have to protect the privacy of the clients family and not show the entire name.

IMG_5729.jpg

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
yes, i understand the privacy thingy. i posted one sometime ago, but was with permission. if you couldn't find them, lemme know. i have a nice selection of the old plates in photographic form. some were done quite nicely. some done by maybe a plumber or carpenter .nonetheless, an interesting look into the past .

Latest posts

Sponsors