Mounting the GRS microscope stand...

anvilring

I now have this GRS microscope stand / acrobat whatever you call it... My question is this, must it be mounted directly behind the area where you how to positioned the engraving ball? In other words must it pretty much be directly in line with your work, or can it be off to the left or right? I've never used one before so I simply do not know, thought I would ask before I started drilling holes.

Jerry K

Elite Cafe Member
I have mine directly in line with my ball but it can be mounted outside that line. You need to insure that the microscope head can be rotated to align with the ball.
Jerry K.

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
Must be able to center over the ball. I suppose you could mount it to the left or right and then swing it over the ball but that would be awkward. You might think about mounting it on the wall and not to desk like those in the GRS classrooms. Then you will be able to get more room for larger items. I wonder how many people have mounted their scope on a wall and use a drill press stand?

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
The old Grandfather clocks of yore were mounted to the wall, not the floor, as commonly thought. They either were mounted from their backs and attached directly, or mounted on a platform that was attached directly to the wall. Nothing touched the floor, and, no vibration transmitted. Maybe this would be worth considering!

Latest posts

Sponsors