Looking for a good lettering app Pics

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here is my recently finished banner design for my website. On the rough draft I used Photoshop to add the lettering. I hav elooked at a few of the free apps for adding lettering to photos but all of them I have found have been VERY limited in their font offerings. Do any of you know of a good app that offers a decent range of fonts so I can add lettering on my ipad and not have to transfer the design to my computer and use photoshop?

Also, Any tips you guys might have on how I can smooth my drawings out a bit would be appreciated. I am not displeased with this one but it still looks like an ink and pencil drawing I am not likely to redo this but if I wanted to redo this and make things a bit smoother and cleaner how would i go about that?

Attachments

• Web_design1 (2).jpg
    Web_design1 (2).jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I don't know of any but there must be something. Maybe Autodesk Sketchbook has type capabilities.

You forgot to upload your drawing.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
That looks fantastic Ray! I would definitely letter this in Photoshop or Illustrator unless you can find a suitable app for the iPad. As for the smoothing, I'm not sure what you're looking for. I don't see anything that looks rough or that it needs smoothing, but you might try is noise reduction. That can have a smoothing effect on certain images. There are some decent noise reduction apps for the iPad and iPhone.

quickcut07

Elite Cafe Member
Ray I just went to Google and found some lettering styles they advertised as free and imported them to Corel Draw. They may work on Photoshop never tried it. I'm better with Corel just at it longer than Photoshop. Needed the Sons of Anarchy style and it worked great.
Eric

Omar Haltam

Elite Cafe Member
looks amazing Ray, i think it looks great.
hope to take a class with you one day I am in Raleigh NC
anything coming up close to this are?

Thanks

Latest posts

Sponsors