FEGA show 2017 thoughts.

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I attended my first FEGA show in VEGAS this year with Brian Marshall. I have to say I had the best time. I couldn't believe how warm and welcoming everyone I talked to was. It was a true pleasure and an honour to talk in person to so many of the people I have looked up to and have inspired me along the way and who have helped me so much to grow and improve my work.

I want to thank everyone for the encouragement that I received and for being a wonderful bunch of folk to be a part of. Most of all thanks to Brian for getting me there.

One thing that occurred to me in contrast to the knife shows I have attended in Australia is the lack of photos. I expected to see more shots of the show up ont he forum, tables and artists or social shots. A picture speaks a thousand words and there's no better way to pull in people than if they can see inspiring pictures that draw them in.

Sam got some great shots and I was glad to see them up, especially SamW on that billboard :rolleyes:

Overall thank you to everyone on here who have given me so much and made it possible for me to be part of a community of great great people.

I hope I'll see you all again in a years time

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
A short further word on the comparison in the knife forum/show world. When we have shows lots of people take photos and there is a sub forum for the shots taken at shows which gets a new folder for every year and the photos for each year's show go up in there and you can look up shots from a show even five years ago or ten years ago.

Of course permission should be asked when the photos are taken but it's good publicity, for the show, for the people behind the tables, and it encourages people to come along and have a great time. Win win?

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for coming to our FEGA exhibition Danae! Great to meet another engraving alumni from Australia.
You brought along a few things that demonstrated you have a set of skilled hands.Good on ya.
I hope to see you next year at our show, and who knows? Maybe I'll just have to make it back to Australia in the near future.

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
BrianPowley hope you do.

Hope I didn't come accross with this comment as being critical, was just hoping to see lots of pictures put up. It was a real honour to be there.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Now I'm even sorrier (is that a word) that I missed the show again this year. I'm glad you made the effort to attend. The folks in our guild are the best and you can't help but go home inspired and driven to work hard and improve and expand your skill set. Hope to see you there next time!

Latest posts

Sponsors