+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default a couple of small jobs

After finishing a long project it's nice to do a couple of jobs that are less involved before I start the next big one. Nothing too earth shattering here, just a nice change up.

Post Thanks / Like

I particularly like the handle inlay.
    Jeremy

Post Thanks / Like

very nice deep relief 👍🏻

Post Thanks / Like

Stunning deep work. Since I love deep relief I always enjoy such works.

Post Thanks / Like

Brian, your sculpted work is to die for. Fabulous work man!

Join me on Facebook

Sam on Instagram

:::: Leave more than you take ::::

6. Likes Marcus Hunt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am new to the forum....literally just about to start learning engraving! I find images like this most inspiring - very helpful in clarifying desired direction and giving me goals to aim for. I find the deep engraving particularly gorgeous. Amazing work.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice job, really like the deep relief. Hope your winter is going well, we have more snow then we've had in twenty years.
    Charlie

Post Thanks / Like

Brian. That high relief work is fabulous. I never have seen any better. I might be moving over to your neck of the woods before to long. How deep is the snow there? We have four feet in Baker city and it is thawing. The thaw might be worse than the snow.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Brian,
    That is some of the most beautiful and amazing scroll sculpture I have ever seen. Really outstanding.
    Other than BG removal is it all displacement work or a combination of displacement and removal on the actual scrolls.?
    And what is the bolster material if I may ask.? Hope you don't mind the questions.
    Last edited by John B.; 02-04-2017 at 07:08 PM.
    John B.

11. Likes Montejano liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywh View Post
    Brian. That high relief work is fabulous. I never have seen any better. I might be moving over to your neck of the woods before to long. How deep is the snow there? We have four feet in Baker city and it is thawing. The thaw might be worse than the snow.
    Thanks Jerry. We have about three and a half feet snow. Yes, flooding will most likely be the next issue, luckily our place won't flood, hopefully the same for you. Before you move though, you may check to see if Idaho is still accepting refugees from Oregon :-)

Quote Originally Posted by John B. View Post
    Hello Brian,
    That is some of the most beautiful and amazing scroll sculpture I have ever seen. Really outstanding.
    Other than BG removal is it all displacement work or a combination of displacement and removal on the actual scrolls.?
    And what is the bolster material if I may ask.? Hope you don't mind the questions.
    Thanks John. I do mostly stock removal these days, I used to do all or mostly punched work, but I just wasn't getting the crispness I wanted. I still use a punch for blending and smoothing any rough spots before I start stoning and polishing, but but only minimally. The bolster is stainless, it was supposed to be 416, which is nice and kind of the industry standard, but I am guessing this was a 3xx series stainless, nasty tough, lots of breaking/sharpening and fowl language :-)

Thanks all for the nice comments and likes. B.

13. Likes sseib, Dave London liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast