a couple of small jobs

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
After finishing a long project it's nice to do a couple of jobs that are less involved before I start the next big one. Nothing too earth shattering here, just a nice change up.

Annika

I am new to the forum....literally just about to start learning engraving! I find images like this most inspiring - very helpful in clarifying desired direction and giving me goals to aim for. I find the deep engraving particularly gorgeous. Amazing work.

C Driver

Very nice job, really like the deep relief. Hope your winter is going well, we have more snow then we've had in twenty years.
Charlie

jerrywh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Brian. That high relief work is fabulous. I never have seen any better. I might be moving over to your neck of the woods before to long. How deep is the snow there? We have four feet in Baker city and it is thawing. The thaw might be worse than the snow.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Hello Brian,
That is some of the most beautiful and amazing scroll sculpture I have ever seen. Really outstanding.
Other than BG removal is it all displacement work or a combination of displacement and removal on the actual scrolls.?
And what is the bolster material if I may ask.? Hope you don't mind the questions.

Last edited:

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
Brian. That high relief work is fabulous. I never have seen any better. I might be moving over to your neck of the woods before to long. How deep is the snow there? We have four feet in Baker city and it is thawing. The thaw might be worse than the snow.

Thanks Jerry. We have about three and a half feet snow. Yes, flooding will most likely be the next issue, luckily our place won't flood, hopefully the same for you. Before you move though, you may check to see if Idaho is still accepting refugees from Oregon :)

Hello Brian,
That is some of the most beautiful and amazing scroll sculpture I have ever seen. Really outstanding.
Other than BG removal is it all displacement work or a combination of displacement and removal on the actual scrolls.?
And what is the bolster material if I may ask.? Hope you don't mind the questions.

Thanks John. I do mostly stock removal these days, I used to do all or mostly punched work, but I just wasn't getting the crispness I wanted. I still use a punch for blending and smoothing any rough spots before I start stoning and polishing, but but only minimally. The bolster is stainless, it was supposed to be 416, which is nice and kind of the industry standard, but I am guessing this was a 3xx series stainless, nasty tough, lots of breaking/sharpening and fowl language :)

Thanks all for the nice comments and likes. B.

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
This level of carved engraving and technique is very high. One of the best engravings I've seen in relief.
You are an engraving master and an artist.:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Latest posts

Sponsors