something kinda fun

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
a simple design that was just meant to be 'pretty'. i didn't kill myself trying to make an ultra-intricate layout, just something bold & attractive on a pistol that will see some use. and (for a change) it was really fun & relaxing to draw & cut.

:graver:

Attachments

• SlideCloseup.jpg
    SlideCloseup.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 421

speeedy6

Elite Cafe Member
That great inlay work just tops it off. You know ,that's cut in a size a person could see it from the next bench over at the range and appreciate it. Maybe some engraving is cut too tiny and intricate for the application. I think that is a size that should be on a working gun. Just imagine the bad guys last thought " wow, that sure is a pretty gu....." .

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
That's absolutely excellent Mitch! I wouldn't call it simple. The shading is super nice!

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That's absolutely excellent Mitch! I wouldn't call it simple. The shading is super nice!

you deserve some of the credit, Sam. the client was interested in some "leafy type scroll" and among the photos i sent for consideration was one of the plate i did during your first design exercise a couple years ago. he loved that one!

Attachments

• DSCN1394.jpg
    DSCN1394.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 262