iPad Pro fun - black leaf

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
blackleaf-2-2017.jpg

Abigail had minor surgery and I drew much of this in the hospital waiting room and put the finishing touches on it at home. Both the patient and iPad Pro are excellent :thumbsup:

Trey Scott

Very cool- Can you elaborate a bit on the tech specifics; what app, pen, stroke, smoothing curves, corrections. I'd like to give it a shot but dont want to bear hunt with a switch. Thanks in advance

DMoody

Just beautiful, Mr Alfano! I am just beginning my engraving journey. just completed a class with Mr. CJ Allan. who thinks very very highly of you and your work! thank you for sharing sooo much of your hard work and beautiful ideas and works with us all. it is very much soo appreciated. and only with your permission, my i use this pattern, only for practice in the future? Thank you for your time and my the lord take a liking to you and your family.
JUST BEAUTIFUL WORK!

Don Moody Jr.

Sam

Staff member
Very cool- Can you elaborate a bit on the tech specifics; what app, pen, stroke, smoothing curves, corrections. I'd like to give it a shot but dont want to bear hunt with a switch. Thanks in advance

The app is Procreate and the pen is the Apple Pencil. If you mean the pen/pencil tools in the Procreate app, I made my own versions which I share to anyone who emails a request to me.

There are many dozens (hundreds?) of corrections in a design like this. Several major ones and tons of small ones, adjustments, etc.

Sam

Staff member
Just beautiful, Mr Alfano! I am just beginning my engraving journey. just completed a class with Mr. CJ Allan. who thinks very very highly of you and your work! thank you for sharing sooo much of your hard work and beautiful ideas and works with us all. it is very much soo appreciated. and only with your permission, my i use this pattern, only for practice in the future? Thank you for your time and my the lord take a liking to you and your family.
JUST BEAUTIFUL WORK!

Don Moody Jr.

Congrats on your first class and welcome to the Cafe :tiphat:
For practice is fine. For profit is a no-no. Thank you for asking.

DMoody

Thank you Mr. Alfano. And I, with all my heart, believe that making money on the sweat off another's back is a HUGE no-no!

Again, thank you and my god bless.

Seeing several top notch craftsman doing designs on the ipad pro has me looking into them now for my own use in design :) Emailed you Sam to get the info on how to set it up Thank you!

Last edited:

C Driver

I have no doubt that drawings like these would be very marketable to the person that receives the engraving, framed and on the wall.
Charlie