+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Marshall View Post
    One thing you might think about... is that if the drawing is that good (and it is) - someone, somewhere, someday - is going to be able to couple these quality drawings with a CAD/CAM program that has yet to be written - and be able to take a nap for the rest of the day...

Brian
    I guess there's always that risk with a photo, drawing, or whatever. Not sure this particular one is any more vulnerable than a good photo. But yeah, it'll happen!

Join me on Facebook

Sam on Instagram

:::: Leave more than you take ::::

Post Thanks / Like

maybe "virtual engraving" will become a new collector market. can't afford that new Purdey with a blow-out engraving job? here's the next best thing!
    Mitch Moschetti

MRM ENGRAVING
    www.mrmengraving.com

3. Likes Tom McArdle, Brian Marshall, sam liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no!!!!....Fake news and now fake engraving!!! Is nothing sacred???

It wasn't that long ago that you could spot CNC and laser engraving from across the room.............now you have to look a lot more closely. Especially some of the 3D animal scenes.

One of the biggest tell tale signs was the design and now that has improved considerably. Combine that with technology over the next twenty years....................

Cheers
    Andrew

5. Likes sam, JMiller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I also wondered why the pic was small and the shading did look a bit soft and faint but, at first glance it looked pretty good....
    Jeff Miller

7. Likes sam liked this post
    Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

My point was that now that drawing at that level has been transformed into electrons - it won't be long before a program is developed to translate those electrons to drive a machine... which as they also get better and better - will produce results that will eventually become competitive to "real" hand engraving...

Someday perhaps those who can draw well - can spend a lot more time napping? And less time making chips.

B.

9. Likes Tom McArdle, sam liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My point was that now that drawing at that level has been transformed into electrons - it won't be long before a program is developed to translate those electrons to drive a machine... which as they also get better and better - will produce results that will eventually become competitive to "real" hand engraving...

Someday perhaps those who can draw well - can spend a lot more time napping? And less time making chips.

B.
    Gotcha. I'm pro-nap, too!

Join me on Facebook

Sam on Instagram

:::: Leave more than you take ::::

11. Likes Brian Marshall liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sam,

Is there any chance that the richness of the iPad Pro and Procreate threads could be collected into a Sticky?

My reason is that the volume growth in Forum Members interest / posts and creative outputs has fantastically whetted many appetites and similarly frustrated many others. But your and others abilities to demonstrate the import of design frames / pictures, how you resize them and then superimpose them on desirable objects helps with the visualisation of an idea and is perhaps a game-changer for many. Could you perhaps for your knife bolster trick try some colour effects like gold / other inlay embellishments / shadows to see what it looks like? Would any other takers with the toys be able to produce a realistic colour output on say a knife bolster?

Brian

Post Thanks / Like

B.
    Brian, I DID that. That program exist since a few years ago. It is driving the Artesą machine!

Sam, I was one of those who thought what a little picture.... mmmm. Anyway that was a good one from you!
    Last edited by Leonardo; 01-31-2017 at 08:57 PM.

14. Likes John B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello my friend.
    I was wondering what you thought of all this Leonardo since you have invented a machine that can cut it in 3-D with thick and thin lines.
    What is happening with the development and sales of your Artesa machine.?
    John B.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John B. View Post
    Hello my friend.
    I was wondering what you thought of all this Leonardo since you have invented a machine that can cut it in 3-D with thick and thin lines.
    What is happening with the development and sales of your Artesa machine.?
    Hi John!! It is really nice to see you posting in the Cafe again. You was missed here too... not only in Las Vegas!

The fact is that my machine is not for all the people. It is a must to know designing, drawing and, of course, engraving to be able to take advantage of this technology. It is not like a laser machine in which you can scan an image and send it to the machine in raster mode... far from that. You need to draw your design in a vector format planing ahead how you want to be engraved. The machine, then, will be able to perform all that movements engraving your design. That is the reason because I like to call the Artesa machine "your engraving assistance".

Currently I am offering the machine with a previous agreement and will only be assembled on demand. It will not be a massive product, just a great tool for some smart geeks! (Sorry if I use the word "geek" inappropriately).

All the very best for you my friend!
    Leonardo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast