new guy here

Ivan

hello everyone, I`m new here and new to engraving as well, been going at it for 3 months now. here are pictures of my first engraver zippo. A friend of mmine gave me the sketch and said he wanted a silver surfer just like in the comics, let me know what you think. cheers!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
fwiw looks to be well executed. even line width/depth. i think your friend will like the job. btw: welcome to the forum

monk

Staff member
monk did i miss you at FEGA. I wanted to meet ya
yes -- you missed me--- i was not there. family circumstances are such that i don't travel far from home. not to blame family, i really don't enjoy travelling much these days anyway.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
What i see is a big scratch? From his left arm coming down, you can burnish those out always an opportunity to learn. Seach the forum for tips and tricks for burnishing.

Ivan

thanks for the replies guys :) about that mark, was not my fault, it was there when I got the lighter, he said he scratched it with a knife. Wanted to fix it but he told me to leave it...

monk

Staff member
learn to "fix" a scratch on a practice plate first. simple enough to do, but without a bit of practice, one can make it worse.

Latest posts

Sponsors