apple pen question

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Wahooooooooo I don't know what happened but it started to work. Back to the tutorials. I should have something to show in a year or two. Where do I find the manual and how so I download it? I told you I was illiterate.

Lee: Call me if you need to.

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Help,please.
Does anyone know how to lock the Procreate color palette? It is constantly changing from black to white! A little frustrating. :mad:

Andrew Biggs

Hi Sandy

Here you go :)

1. Tap the Actions Icon (the small spanner next to Gallery)
2. Tap Prefs (short for preferences)
3. tap Advanced Gesture Controls (down the bottom of the box)
4. On the top panel (there are 3 panels) tap "Selected tool" on the left and "gesture only" on the right.........these should be highlighted in blue and the others should not be (top panel only)

You will still get the pen turning to white every now and then but the above steps minimise that happening.

And you can download the instruction manual directly from Ibooks.........just search Procreate

Cheers
Andrew

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Andrew. All of that has been done. I guess I'll just have to learn to live with it. And hope they update it soon.

Andrew Biggs

Hi Sam

It still happens to me very occasionally............... I suspect it's the way I hold the tablet or use my fingers or something.

Who would know?? :) :)

Hey, at least the tip of the pencil doesn't keep breaking like the 0.3 used to :)

Cheers
Andrew

Last edited:

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
I have found that it happens when I touch the canvas area with a finger or part of a hand, of the non drawing hand, when drawing with the pen. Is there a way that the eye dropper can be turned off. I have looked through the manual and as yet have found nothing to show how to turn it off.

I think I have found an answer. In prefs the advance and in the lower left box slider at bottom slide it all the way to the right. This slows the eye dropper way down. It does have a side effect if you use the pen and swipe with your finger it will leave a line.

Last edited:

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ok that's it! I sold my old #2 Brown & Sharp surface grinder yesterday so I'm gonna get this setup too I reckon.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
This is a mystery because once I did that fix in preferences it never happened again. I think we need to compare settings and see what's different.

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
This is how I have set things. It seems to have stopped the problem.

Attachments

• IMG_0046.jpg
    IMG_0046.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 111

Bandida8

I have found that if you put a Kleenex between the screen and the part of your hand that rests on the screen the color of your mark will not change to white.

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Try not to feel bad Lee.
Just the other day, I received the Apple Pen, and borrowing my wife's new iPadPro, I downloaded ProCreate and immediately became frustrated.
Since I have absolutely NOOoooooo experience with Apple products, (and I mean NONE!) I found this to be extremely difficult to play with.
I shared all of the same difficulties as you.
They say Apple is stupidly simple to navigate, and it probably is, after you use it often.
Even Sam's tidbits of information he listed above are lost on me. I have no idea what iBooks is or even where to find Procreate users guide.
What is a widget? I can't figure out how to "save" my project so I don't lose it.
Time in the chair will solve all of the problems, but for now I guess you can laugh at me too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors