EnSet handpiece on GRS machine?

McAhron

Elite Cafe Member
Anybody know if the EnSet handpiece will work on a GRS unit. I like the feel and size of the EnSet handpiece and its ability to change pistons,but my machines GRS and I can't afford a new machine.

SalihKara

Elite Cafe Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Anybody know if the EnSet handpiece will work on a GRS unit. I like the feel and size of the EnSet handpiece and its ability to change pistons,but my machines GRS and I can't afford a new machine.

I think the best person who can answer this question is Mr. Christian Decamillis.

Diacutter

Let me save you some trouble, I have already asked Tira this question in the past and her response was...
Yes, I get this question a lot. The answer is yes and no…

Yes, it is possible to cobble the hand piece on to a GRS system and it will pulse a bit. However, the GRS system runs on a large volume of low pressure air (usually between 7 and 22lbs.) Our EnSet hand piece is designed for low volume high pressure air (from 35 to 90lbs.). You can’t turn up the air pressure on the GRS machine and adjust by air pressure like on the EnSet. So… it may pulse at the rate the GRS machine is going, but you can’t really make it stronger like you can with the EnSet.

You also won’t be able to get the one hit at a time capability or be able to adjust the speed with your foot with the GRS machine box (even with our hand piece) due to the way the GRS runs with a motor and not through the same type of electronic valve.

I hope that helps you. = )

Have a great day! TIRA

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
Just out of curiosity can it go the other way? Enset machine on GRS hand pieces. For instance if somebody prefers a smaller sizes hand piece like the 901 or even the monarch, could you get adequate performance with the Enset running them?