LED Panels

rmgreen

Elite Cafe Member
I have searched the "Tips Archive" there is sufficient information concerning general lighting of work area. Most deal with the traditional forms of artificial as well as natural lighting. I am interested in maybe using LED light panels for general lighting of the work area not lighting of the workpiece. LED panel suggestions as a light source approaching natural light, size and all other aspects for lighting the general work area would be appreciated.

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Roger
I put them in the kitchen and laundry room, very bright and you can use a dimmer also. I like them YMMV

oiseau metal arts

Elite Cafe Member
i just replaced one of the lights out in the knife shop with LED. though nice and bright, its not as white as the bulb lights. itll work out in the knife shop, but would annoy me around the engraving bench.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
All my florescent fixtures in the house and shops are all 4 foot jobs, I'm systematically replacing all of them with LED. Much cleaner light and no more bulbs.

rmgreen

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you for your replies. Like with most all thing nothing is just right. I like the idea of variable intensity but in actual use I doubt that would be often used. However, I will try it out as the cost and different size are comparable to other sources and I need to increase the general lighting in my work area. Will post later my experience with the LED panels.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i replaced a double tube, 4 foot flourescent in my basement shop. replaced ba a 4 foot, led unit from woodcraft. much more light, flicker free, and the unit takes up way less space overhead. with pa sales tax, around 55 bucks. it will outlast me by a mere 99k hours or so !

Latest posts

Sponsors