Copper plate

EThomas

This is a small wall-hanging type piece I recently did for a young man for his family. I've been putting a lot of focus into my fine shading lately, and while there are numerous rough spots, I feel like I'm finally starting to get a little bit of dynamic. This was also my first use of leaf script on a non-practice piece. I didn't want to overcrowd the 'f's, but in retrospect they look a little bare. As you can see, trying to push the fine brightcut Roman letters is still kicking my butt. It doesn't take much to mangle them. The drop shadow was kind of on a whim, and I should have thought about it a little more because it didn't come out too pretty.

Assessment is always valued, in design, technique, cut quality, etc. Anybody with more trained eyes than mine, feel free to tear it apart and give back the pieces. No need to be overly nice about it.

It's 16ga copper, about 5" across, slightly domed, all traditional hand push. It was not blackened, which combined with my poor camera skills made getting decent pictures a little bit challenging. I noticed all the streaking and specks after I had taken the pictures, which is a little embarrassing. I'll make sure to clean things better in the future.

Attachments

• Lindorff2.jpg
    Lindorff2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 296
  • Lindorff1.jpg
    Lindorff1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 303
  • Lindorff2.jpg
    Lindorff2.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:

Andrew Biggs

You are doing just fine......keep at it.

It's easy to look at finished work and see mistakes etc.........they are not so easy to see when you are making them :)

Keep observing, drawing and cutting and most important of all....self critiquing :)

Cheers
Andrew

Omar Haltam

Elite Cafe Member
Looks very nice, and i am sure the Lindorff Family are very happy with it.
I like the leaf script you did very. ice and simple

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
being too harsh on yerself ?? i think so. i think it looks way better than you think it looks. setting standards or goals is good. just don't get carried away with the pursuit of the impossible. have fun, enjoy what you do. if you cant enjoy the art, there's little reason to learn it.