Question: how do you

gcleaker

Elite Cafe Member
I am wondering how you collect payment for your work.
Yes cash is King, gold is better and silver is good but other than that?
In today’s world with debit cards, credit cards I am kind of at a loss as how I need to move forward.
Skill comes from diligence.
:thinking:

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
gcleaker,Get a deposit and when the work is finish get the remaining payment and don't sent the work out to the client until the check clears your bank.I don't deal with debit or credit cards just checks. J.J.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
depends on size of job whether i require anything up front, but it's always a hostage situation until the final payment clears the bank.

DAK4442

Elite Cafe Member
Same here, cash or "cleared" check with down payment before work starts. If it's a personalized item (something monogrammed or having a personal inscription ) that I probably can't resell if the buyer backs out, I get at least half, up front, non- refundable to cover my time.

Flashmo

Sometimes cash if face to face. Some people mail checks, but the majority call with a card number. Run the card through Square on my phone, money is in the bank next day, and the item ships.

50% down, remainder before shipping.

Card fees are a part of doing business, just like paying for your business license and insurance and electricity. If the amount seems too high, build it into your price like any other overhead cost (larger projects can have transaction fees in the hundreds of dollars, so adjust the price or give a discount for cash/check if it bugs you).

Omar Haltam

Elite Cafe Member
Sometimes cash if face to face. Some people mail checks, but the majority call with a card number. Run the card through Square on my phone, money is in the bank next day, and the item ships.

50% down, remainder before shipping.

Card fees are a part of doing business, just like paying for your business license and insurance and electricity. If the amount seems too high, build it into your price like any other overhead cost (larger projects can have transaction fees in the hundreds of dollars, so adjust the price or give a discount for cash/check if it bugs you).

I can see Flashmo is in retail, and that is what i would do

Choppers_rule

Elite Cafe Member
Majority of my customers pay using PayPal, so I just add extra 3% when I quote them. If they decided to send cash or check, then I have a free lunch from the fee:)

Latest posts

Sponsors