new Lady Liberty coin

Jerry K

Elite Cafe Member
The engraving is remarkable as can be seen in most of all our coinage. The hair on the bust is rendered in great detail and I agree with Mitch, the eagle in flight is breath taking.
Jerry K.

Crossbolt

Elite Cafe Member
I like it. I think that is also a good job of fitting a rather anatomically correct eagle in the space. Something about the star headband seems just a little out of sync. Size? Shading? I can't quite place it. Nevertheless very nice.
Jeremy

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
I saw this on TV the other night. It's a one hundred dollar coin that actually will cost about $1200. I wonder who the engraver of the eagle was???

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I like everything except the awkwardly large stars and maybe the computery-looking lettering. American coinage has been in the dumps for quite some time, but this is really nice. Very nice modeling and it's good to see some higher relief for a change.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
i just figured out what the stars remind me of. you know how when a cartoon character gets bonked on the head?

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
thanks, Joe, that was fascinating! what were your favorites?

Crossbolt

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for posting that link. Interesting to see the other options. Personally I think the combination selected was one of the better if not the best ones - except as I've said that thing about the stars.
Jeremy

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
There were some very good designs presented and the one chosen was one of them, but I prefer the more traditional and classic look for our national coins. JMHO

Bill

speeedy6

Elite Cafe Member
Not a one of those women were smiling. Is there some reason to put such a stern look on their faces ? I thought all of the eagles looked much nicer though one looked like he was saying "Dude, gimme five!" .