foredom handpieces overheating,

loder

after eighteen months of trouble free use my hand piece decided to heat up, bought new sheath and shaft, cleaned hand piece and renewed bearings,but still overheating,bought new hand piece this one also overheating,set up sheath and and shaft as per manual,can anyone help please

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Scratch that, did not realize it was a foredom, I thought you were speaking of a GRS handpiece I miss read it, not sure who can help you on that.

GunEngraver.com Custom Guns Knives and More PAYMENT PLANS Available

Last edited:

edgrabow15

Elite Cafe Member
after eighteen months of trouble free use my hand piece decided to heat up, bought new sheath and shaft, cleaned hand piece and renewed bearings,but still overheating,bought new hand piece this one also overheating,set up sheath and and shaft as per manual,can anyone help please
Did you go to a differant motor recently ? the Fordome needs to be run on the lower RPM motor ( the LX ) its a 5000 rpm motor made for the engraver, the SP is a higher RPM motor(I think its 18,000 RPM ) it will overheat and burn up the engraver. The reason I asked if you changed recently is because of the previous 18 month trouble free performance.

Latest posts

Sponsors