Engraved Snare Drum

Mike_Morgan

Elite Cafe Member
Here is a link to a video of the TRICK snare drum I engraved a couple months ago. This will be on display at the NAMM show in Anaheim next week.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX0FLu5gfNs[/video]

Mike_Morgan

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Mike.....
What music was that ? GREAT drum solo.

That's Bucky Pizzarelli on Guitar and the legendary Bernard Purdie on the drums. The song is "A Little Place Called Home" which is actually a mash-up of big band songs, loosely based on "Sing Sing Sing"

speeedy6

Elite Cafe Member
Mike ,I thought you were a machinist that wanted to learn engraving. You seem to be more of an artist that happens to be able to do machine work and engrave and video and ............ Thanks for posting.

Mike_Morgan

Elite Cafe Member
Mike ,I thought you were a machinist that wanted to learn engraving. You seem to be more of an artist that happens to be able to do machine work and engrave and video and ............ Thanks for posting.

Truth be told, I'm a retired psychotherapist, with a PhD in Philosophy that inadvertently became a defense technology consultant, which led to becoming a product designer which further required me to open a machine shop. By default I ended up being a machinist, then somewhere along the line I became fascinated with engraving. Along the way Sam Alfano inspired me to learn to draw instead of doodle, while the entire time I was molesting metal with gravers, forcing my willful artistic musings on otherwise useful objects. I wish I didn't have to admit I destroyed a few relatively nice things along the way, but if ya wanna be in the club, a man has to pay his dues!

I started engraving that drum about seven months after picking up my first engraving tool... some might consider that to be foolish optimism... I call it a calculated risk (I could afford to replace the drum if I send it to the scrap bin)