Transfer Using IPad Pro and Procreate

Andrew Biggs

This thing has got me completely hooked.

Another test run from outline, pencil in working areas, pencil sketch, outline in pen that Sam gave me, create transfer………and it works perfectley :)

You can watch the video here

The lion was downloaded from Google images and placed on the drawing, outlined and then deleted. I was simply testing to see how easy scene work could be created using multiple layers. Easy peasy!!! :)

Cheers
Andrew

Attachments

• GRS_Floor_Plate_2-small.jpg
    GRS_Floor_Plate_2-small.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 560
  • GRS_Floor_Plate_2-detail-small.jpg
    GRS_Floor_Plate_2-detail-small.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 558
Last edited:

Omar Haltam

Elite Cafe Member
Amazing work Andrew
you make it look so easy ... LoL
i did you reverse the image too and bottom, and left and right?
really looks nice

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
What more proof could anyone possibly need that this is a very powerful tool for engravers. Well done Andrew!

bildio

Elite Cafe Member
Andrew,

Very nice. I'm sold.

What pen (make/model) are you using? Do you use the Apple pencil?

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Yup, just upped the ante a grand or so for those making a living at engraving.

Wonder what the average lifespan of these gadgets is gonna be? (Yeah, I know there will be a new & improved model every 3 weeks or so - but how long will the ones we've GOT last?)

Brian

Crossbolt

Elite Cafe Member
My guess is the next version is going to be set to music with wireless earbuds and you'll get to download scrolls and other elements from the Fruit Box... I mean Apple Store... in between ads that pop up while your designing :)
Jeremy

Andrew Biggs

What pen (make/model) are you using? Do you use the Apple pencil?

I use the Apple pencil. I believe others work as well but I have no idea what they are like.........the Apple pencil works well!!!

Brian.........Yes, that is always the problem with any technology. It wears out eventually and needs replacing. But if the lights go out..........I still have my trusty old pencils and paper as backup :)

And what do you mean "Sleeping with them under the pillows"...........My God man, the iPad has it's own bedroom with an ensuite!!!!!!! :)

Cheers
Andrew

Sam

Staff member
Wonder what the average lifespan of these gadgets is gonna be? (Yeah, I know there will be a new & improved model every 3 weeks or so - but how long will the ones we've GOT last?)

Brian

We have a 1st generation iPad (2010) that the grandkids play with. My iPad Air (2013) is still going strong and I use it every day. It's getting a little slower because newer versions of softwares are designed for faster processors, but it's still working perfectly. Abigail has an iPad Mini (2012) that she uses every day without any problems. We've never had one break down. Only upgraded for higher screen resolution and faster processing power.

Sam

Staff member
You think so Omar? Sam and Andrew are gonna be taking 'em everywhere - and sleeping with them under their pillows!

Wearing out batteries, screen protectors, cables, "pencils" and cases...

Brian

I'll give up my iPad when you pry my cold dead fingers from it.

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
Brian

Actually I wondered about potential iPad Pro upgrade myself. I have the 12.9" version from April '16... What could they do to make me want to upgrade that? Don't need bigger screen, or faster processor, or more memory. Drawing experience is the best I've seen on any digital device so far. And I've tried many of those, from cheap chinese drawing tablets to Surface Pro, cintiq and quite a few others, I think around 10 different ones, or so. It is a tough act to follow.

Like Sam mentioned, they tend to last very well. My other regular iPad is at least 4-5 years old, still see no reason to upgrade. Though now it is mainly for kids to play with...

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I said this some time ago, whether some people like it or not computers the cloud and batteries is the future, a pencil needs sharpening, papers get lost or misplaced, ink gets smeared, its the future, and we're are all witness to it.

GunEngraver.com Custom Guns Knives and More PAYMENT PLANS Available

Last edited:

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
DANGIT!!! Now I have a Wacom Tablet for sale and have to start saving for the next big thing. Switching over to APPLE-MAC. A guy could go broke hangin around here!!!!!!!!!!I hope it is the last technical move I have to make