LightPad 930 review...NOT recommended.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
As some of you know, I recently purchased a LightPad 930 and to say I'm unimpressed would be an understatement. It's not really bright enough to work thru two sheets of plain white printer paper and the raised lip of the frame is a CONSTANT ANNOYANCE as it catches the edge of the paper any time it's rotated (like when drawing scrolls???). This problem is aggravated by the intense static electricity sticking the paper to the glass. Would it have been so difficult to make the frame flush with the glass? And the light bright enough to work on anything thicker than bumwad or vellum? For $190 (ok, I got it 50% off, but still) I expected a far superior product. It's going back to the store...
:mad::mad::mad:

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
the raised edge totally hoses using a straight edge. also, my earlier report was before the sun really hit the windows in my workspace. in stronger ambient light, this thing is practically unusable.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Have you tried an Etch-A-Sketch? No substitute for old time technology.

RDP

Elite Cafe Member
Mitch get one like Brian suggested, you will not be disappointed,
the wife bought one for her craft, A3 size, they are very bright and they are dimmable, (photo shows how bright they are, just normal printer paper, and note that the original image has a shadow background from the laser printer so it was a bit darker to start with,
and there is also an A2 size for $66.00, if you need a bigger one.

https://www.amazon.com/MSRM-Tatoo-Tracing-Light-Table/dp/B01D9QNG2U/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1484004843&sr=8-8&keywords=led+light+box+for+tracing

Richard.

Attachments

• 20170110_091712.jpg
    20170110_091712.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I got the one Brian suggested, the AGPtek. It's made in china and all that, but like brian said, for the price you can't beat it. $33.00 on Amazon delivered.

Todd

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
This is what I did for a light box. I made a wooden box with a raised edge or lip so that a clear plastic clipboard will fit in it and not move. The box is about 3.5 inches high. I purchased one of those new cheap flashlights with led lights. It is flat on one side so when you lay it down on its back the light shines upward. Clip your object to trace on the clip board with your paper over it and the flashlight inside the box. It is bright and you won't need tracing paper. I use just plain paper from the printer. Works great. I have spent much time drawing and don't use a light box much now.

Sponsors