Inkjet printer, success

dave gibson

Elite Cafe Member
After about a month of researching, shopping, buying and returning printers to work with TW's stencil magic I got one that works. Tom told me that HP inkjet printers that use HP ink #61,62 & 65 are the best (HP). I checked online with HP to see which ones use that ink, there's a big list BUT check the box when you buy. I found one for a good price and as I was about to pay I saw that it takes a different number ink! Yep they had inaccurate info on their own page.
So HP #61,62,& 65 are the inks that work best wit TW's stencil sauce and check the box.
I'm getting great transfers now thank you Tom White.

speeedy6

Elite Cafe Member
Dave, what transparencies are you using ?
Thanks for posting , Mark

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
We have four printers in the house now (only me and the wife) and none use the named ink. Hate to buy another one but it may be in the works as I'm definitely upping my production this year.

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
I bought the cheapest HP ink jet I could find, HP 1000. Uses 61xl ink and works fine. Also works great with Prismacolor 40% Grey. It is much less expensive than Transfer Magic. The transparencies are Pictorico Premium OHP. Just remember to remove the color cartridge before printing.

Gary Malone

I also bought the cheap one from Office Depot, HP 3833, around $40 uses #63 ink and I only installed the black and prints and transfers like a champ with Tom Whites TM.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well, with prices that low I think one will be hitting my printer table.

Archie Woodworth

Elite Cafe Member
One thing that I have noticed with my HP 1000 is that if it has not been used for a while (few days / weeks), it is necessary to run a printhead cleaning program (located in the HP Utility). I find this especially important for any artwork that contains fine detail to get a good transfer. Now I do not know it this results from the printhead design, or just that the ink is drying out and clogging some of the nozzles....whatever the cause, once they cleaning cycle has been completed, the image quality improves tremendously and yields a good transfer.

Latest posts

Sponsors