Blackleaf ornamental engraving design

vdrum4250

Elite Cafe Member
sam,, all you need is to figure out how to add some background music to videos, would be nice to hear or maybe you could speak and have some commentary..pretty please

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
sam,, all you need is to figure out how to add some background music to videos, would be nice to hear or maybe you could speak and have some commentary..pretty please

Ok, so in addition to the video, you would like background music and commentary. Would you also like fries with that?

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ok, so in addition to the video, you would like background music and commentary. Would you also like fries with that?

Keep the fries and make the music, well, you know. Bluegrass! You're one of my all time favorite scroll designers Sam, that's just lovely.

Andrew Biggs

Fantastic, Sam :)

I see this as a fantastic teaching tool and can see how you could easily incorporate it into your classes at GRS and private students. I'm assuming that there is an app that allows you to sync the iPad with some kind of projector as well.

Cheers
Andrew

Sam

Staff member
Fantastic, Sam :)

I see this as a fantastic teaching tool and can see how you could easily incorporate it into your classes at GRS and private students. I'm assuming that there is an app that allows you to sync the iPad with some kind of projector as well.

Cheers
Andrew

Thanks Andrew. There are two options for mirroring the iPad display to a tv, and they are to use a Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter or go wireless and use Apple TV.

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
Or you can livestream from the ProCreate app. I just tested this and seemed to work fine (I used mobcrush service), although it seems to be public only. It even saves the broadcasts.

Sam

Staff member
Or you can livestream from the ProCreate app. I just tested this and seemed to work fine (I used mobcrush service), although it seems to be public only. It even saves the broadcasts.

I want to try that as well, Viljo. I didn't see many good reviews on the streaming services. I'm glad you got good results with Mobcrush.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Maybe a tutorial for folks like me that have trouble understanding Windows 10. Is this ProCereate Pro really as easy as you guys make it look? I am really computer illiterate!

Andrew Biggs

Is this ProCereate Pro really as easy as you guys make it look? I am really computer illiterate!

Yes, it is as easy as it looks :)

BUT.....................

If you are struggling with anything computer related then you are in for a very large learning curve. However, if you know computer basics and can get your head around a few things, then it's a great piece of kit.

The bottom line with this is that you don't need it. Pencil and paper work just fine, will never run out of battery power, will work when the electricity is off and is fully portable and will last for another thousand years. And if it gets cold then you can light the paper to start a fire and use the pencil for kindling :) :)

The iPad Pro and procreate and all the other various drawing programmes and devises probably won't make you a better designer or make you draw any better........They will just make some processes easier. It still comes down to your imagination, eye/hand coordination and artistic experience and aptitude. That has never changed and never will regardless of your drawing medium.

I would highly recommend the iPad Pro and pencil for anyone wanting to buy one or thinking of replacing older models (like I did). Or anyone who simply wants to have another toy in their box. After all, an iPad is still an iPad and can be used for other useful things..........but like anything, if you buy it, then buy it for the right reasons and don't think that it will be a magic bullet that will somehow transform crappy scrolls into perfect scrolls. Like all things, it's only as good as the person using it and the skills they have developed with thousands of hours of practice.

Cheers
Andrew

Latest posts

Sponsors