Video from my class this summer

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I had a private class this summer at the GRS Training Center for a group of REALLY talented young men and they videoed the entire week and then it was put into a short (12 minute) presentation. I had the greatest time during the week and this shows a bit why I love to teach.

ENGRAVING CLASS VIDEO

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Good video Rex the guys did a great job and a private class was a terrific idea they put together So now inexpect to see Sandy in vegas wearing a more dramatic hairdo

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Your class, Rex, has been the talk of the town ever since you taught it. I heard about it, saw photos, and even had some of your students in a class afterwards. This video REALLY captures it! To see a group of guys with so much enthusiasm for our art, and with fresh ideas for design shows that hand engraving continues its meteoric rise. The students I met were the nicest, most humble and hard working that I've seen. They are sponges ready to soak up everything that can be thrown at them and then want more!

Hats off to GRS for not only making this class possible, but capturing it so perfectly in this fantastic video! :clapping: :beerchug:

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yes Sam it was truly an honor to teach this class and these fine young men. In my youth I was one of those "long hairs" so I went in with an open mind but I was still blown away by the talent and enthusiasm. Just like you say they were humble and polite. It was amazing to see what was coming out of their minds on to the steel. GRS did a great job of taking 100s of hours of video and producing this segment. I hope it will encourage the youth of America (or the world) to explore the art of engraving and continue the art.

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
I must admit, on Monday morning I was not sure how the class would go. The week with this group of young artist was amazing. They were hard working and dedicated to learning and expanding there skill sets. During the course of the week I learned a lot from them. Thank you guys. You are the greatest. :tiphat:
Sandy

P.S. I went to the hair stylist at Walmart. She was very nice and polite. What she said boiled down to "Sorry but there is no hope";)

Last edited:

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sandy.there is always hope for you. Now with my head of lost hair you are a inspiration. There is always hot melt glue or maybe another unknown use for thermoloc

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Marty. When the bald spot in back mets the widow peaks in front I'm going to go for the Alfano hair style. :tiphat:
Awhile ago when I had some treatments and I lost all the hair on my head I was told I looked like Kojac. I still laugh about that one.
Sandy

Last edited:

celticjohn

I was attending Scott's class across the hall the same week.
I remember Rex, Sandy, Otis looking at the time come 8am on the first morning. "Are you sure there's a class". No one had arrived yet for Rex's class, then they all rolled in, not a care in the world.
Good bunch of guys, lots of talent and enthusiasm.
On a side note what transfer method are they using in the video?, seem to be coating the gun with a felt marker and transferring from a acetate type material

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
The transfer method is something that Todd Daniels developed. I'm just the principle advocate for it.
The felt tip is a Prismacolor colorless blender and the sheet is a pictorico premium ohp transparancy film. The Prismacolor I get at hobby lobby. The film I order through Amazon.
For the past couple years I've been providing the students in Rex's class a pin and a copy of their patterns for the class on a film for transfer. It is a no fuss no muss system that really works. The system works with HP ink # 61 and 63 black. :thumbsup:
Sandy

celticjohn

The transfer method is something that Todd Daniels developed. I'm just the principle advocate for it.
The felt tip is a Prismacolor colorless blender and the sheet is a pictorico premium ohp transparancy film. The Prismacolor I get at hobby lobby. The film I order through Amazon.
For the past couple years I've been providing the students in Rex's class a pin and a copy of their patterns for the class on a film for transfer. It is a no fuss no muss system that really works. The system works with HP ink # 61 and 63 black. :thumbsup:
Sandy

Cheers Sandy, thank you.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I love it Andrew! I was going to do the same thing. You beat me to the punch and did a better job.

Latest posts

Sponsors