see, here's why i don't do more digital stuff...

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
was just doing something basic with MS Word for Mac (perhaps THE single most polluted, corrupt collection of 1s & 0s in the known universe. maybe the unknown universe, too, but it's what i've got) and as is all too common, it malfunctioned.

THEN the MS error reporting function LOCKED UP, TOO!!! you know, the little window that pops up and asks you to click on the blue button if you'd like to report the problem. i had to 'force quit' out of the flippin' error report window. you can't make this stuff up, folks....

soooo, i think i'll be leaving all the computer drawing toys to those of you with better computer karma.

:mad: :beatup::mad: :beatup::mad: :beatup::mad: :beatup::mad:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
That's what you get for running Microsoft crap on a Mac.

Use Pages.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
If you save the file in google docs, and open it there it automatically saves everytime you type in a character, and always saved in the cloud.

GunEngraver.com Custom Guns Knives and More PAYMENT PLANS Available

Omar Haltam

Elite Cafe Member
Sorry to hear that Mitch
but like Sam said better to use mac software on the mac. Pages is really easy to work with.

Good luck ,

Andrew Biggs

Hi Mitch

Word is still the industry standard and necessary for putting together the FEGA magazine. Otherwise it was a constant battle converting documents all the time with things dropping off or not converting poperley. A right royal pain in the bum!!!!!!

I had exactly the same problem with Word for Mac when I purchased the in-store CD version. It was utter crap and worked occasionally.

So I ended up going to Microsoft and purchasing the online cloud version that you subscribe to every year...........and it works perfectly every time.

Cheers
Andrew

Sam......I tried writing a letter once with pencil and paper. Even I had trouble reading it!!!! :) :)

Latest posts

Sponsors