Todays Practice

LVCIAN

I need to soften the curves on the leaf shapes and be much more careful with my scribe, but I am overall happy with it.

The leaves are 2mm wide and 4mm tall.

The pencil art was the concept art. IMG_20161224_133816327.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20161224_131713707.jpg
    IMG_20161224_131713707.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 149

TallGary

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
There appears to be a difference in the scaling between the sketch and the engraving. The sketch appears to be about 2x3.2 while the engraving looks to be about 2x4.5. These are just ratios, assuming the width is always "2".

The sketch has a rather pleasing look, the engraving less so. You have identified one of the issues, another issue may be the relative width vs length difference. Take your time, everyone has these issues, practice, practice, practice.

Good Luck! :thumbsup:

LVCIAN

There appears to be a difference in the scaling between the sketch and the engraving. The sketch appears to be about 2x3.2 while the engraving looks to be about 2x4.5. These are just ratios, assuming the width is always "2".

The sketch has a rather pleasing look, the engraving less so. You have identified one of the issues, another issue may be the relative width vs length difference. Take your time, everyone has these issues, practice, practice, practice.

Good Luck! :thumbsup:

Yeah the sketch is done in ⅛th of an inch and the engraving is done in mm. Still more practice and understanding proportion.

Latest posts

Sponsors