Not the dang floor plate again and my Nimschke practice piece

Mark Knapp

Here's my finished floor plate, it's obvious I have some stuff to work on. We've already talked about it quite a bit but I thought some of you would like to see it finished. When I first finished it I thought it wasn't bad for a first piece but now after looking at quite a bit of engraving I like it a lot less.

Sam posted a Nimschke image for practice, this is my attempt at it. There are a few intentional departures from Nimschke and some unintentional ones I am sure. My camera blurred the finest hash marks and made them look like hammer marks but all the shading is with cross hatching.

I'm experimenting with different things and I have some more work to do but I am pleased with my progress.

Please let me know what you think, comments and constructive criticism are appreciated. What should I work on?

Thanks Mark

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I like the concept of the design on the floorplate. There's some cutting/design issues but that'll come. Nice job all around!

gcleaker

Elite Cafe Member
I liked your work before and I stand by what I said. If you want some abuse I will be happy to pm you. Hahahahohoho it is Christmas thanks for bringing your work back.

Latest posts

Sponsors