Elk Head Whiskey Flask

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I am sure some of you some of you have seen this before but I just got these photos taken by Marian Taylor at Jackson Hole during the Western Design Conference when she and Jake Newell were there.

elkwhiskey flask.jpg hingeforbox.jpg theflaskbox.jpg 15697922_1351357838242681_338175368234819119_nelkflaskset.jpg

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
I really like this project. How did you attach the silver hinges and what material did you use? It looks like it is blackened silver. I am planning a small wooden box and want to use silver hinges and lock plate. I am a little concerned that attachment with silver screws or rivets would be too soft. My thought was to harden the silver by heating to red and putting in a container of heated vermiculite. Give me some Ideas if you can.

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yea, that will not work for you. If it were me, I'd just use blued screws as on this hinge. The hinge is made of sterling of coarse and I made the silver tubing for it but I did use a small brass wire to go in the tubing.

Hot Knobs

Elite Cafe Member
WOW Dave, that is some outstanding silver work and engraving, your leather work is also outstanding, the inside pices are water fit and would believe it is all hand tooled and I have never seen overlaid leather before, very nice. Deane

Latest posts

Sponsors