Buck Nobleman SS folder

Archie Woodworth

Elite Cafe Member
This is an attempt at bulino. So before the "thrashing" begins ;) , I'll say I know it might not ready for "prime-time" just yet, but I learned a lot and also it sold ... So all good on those counts. :thumbsup: The photo really doesn't show all the shading detail that is actually present when you hold the knife.

Regarding the Buck knife...this stainless steel cuts so nice ... don't know what series SS it is but will be ordering some more for future work.

KBR1.jpg

Archie Woodworth

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you Bob.
BTW was actually kidding with my "thrashing" statement. I have thick skin and besides if I were worried about criticism (constructive or otherwise) would never post/show any of my work. I've worked hard for many years practicing engraving; as others have. During the journey, I've had setbacks (retina detachment etc.), but have pressed forward and continued to pursue learning the craft. Not to brag, but Im actually feeling pretty good about where Im at right now. Tho do accept there is still lots of learning ahead for me; the craft is still enjoyable and it is inspirational to see all the examples of others work posted here ... to read everyones comments ... and to learn something from all of them.

speeedy6

Elite Cafe Member
Archie that's pretty nice. I'm currently cutting a knife with a jumping fish too. If it turns out as presentable as yours ,I'll post a pic of it. I did a quick search of a Buck Nobleman and it looks like a good knife to try. Thanks for the tip. Nice lettering too.Mark

Archie Woodworth

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Mark....yea, that Buck knife steel (BU-0327SSS-B) cut as nice as any I have ever engraved.
I got it from WWW.GPKNIVES.COM tho the last time I checked that were "out of stock". FYI They are great folks to deal with and have really fast service.
Im hoping some on the site can tell me what is the series of the stainless steel. The type font is called Campbell...Kinda "manly" looking and is fairly quick to cut.

Latest posts

Sponsors