Simon Clode

PAUL LANTUCH

Elite Cafe Member
Today Simon Clode, a head of Westley Richards Company, passed away after long struggle with cancer.
I was working with him for the past five years, making the most complicated and exclusive engraving. He was the most generous and noble man, the years of our cooperation are the happiest in my life.
Simon asked not to publicize photos of my works anywhere, the Company holds website //westleyrichards.com// and privilege to do it by themselves. It is the reason of my long silence on Engraver's Cafe.
Also I find that Larry Wilson died, another painful loss, I worked with him on Colts during the 90-s and he had arrange an appointment with Bill Ruger when I arrive to USA in 1980 starting my engraving career.
R.I.P.

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Thank you for the announcement Paul. Another sad day in the gun and engraving world. RIP Simon and condolences to his four surviving daughters.

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Simon had been struggling with his health for some time, I spoke to him about a month or so ago and he was in fighting spirit.

RIP Simon!

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Paul,

Thank you for passing on this sad news.

Simon was a true patron of the engraver's art having commissioned the most elaborately engraved guns (many by Paul Lantuch) in the long history of Westley Richards. Though images of contemporary Westley Richards creations are limited to their company web site, Simon wad kind enough to provide excellent images of Paul's work for my most recent book, American Engravers III.

I always looked forward to visiting with Simon at the Las Vegas Antique arms show. He will be sorely missed in January.

R.I.P. Simon Clode

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Sorry to hear of the passing of Simon Clode, another of the giants of the firearms/engraving community.
My condolences to his family.
May he rest in peace

Sponsors