powerhone values

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think I want to sell aGRS power hone with a few laps.It is a bidirectional and I have a TW dual angle sharpener but I am not sure what I should be asking for them. Any suggestions???

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
OK, now that you are over that hump - the laps matter quite a bit. Ceramic holds it's value better'n diamond laps.

Are the laps GRS 5" or the "new standard" which is 6"? With master/bases or just the thin lap toppers?

I was not aware that TW made a dual angle sharpener? Image?

B.

Artemiss

Elite Cafe Member
I've sold a bit of used engraving equipment. Generally, I tend to sell at 60% of the new value.

Not sure if this is good or bad, but it's worked across the board for me.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'll trade you for three chickens and some feed, what do you say? There the new no cholesterol laying egg type. Ok ok it was worth a try....I'd go with about 75 percent of original price. Always leave room for any counter offers.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Crossbolt

Elite Cafe Member
I'm fond of saying something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, no more, no less, all biases, prior invested ("sunk") costs and psychological attachments aside.
The way of determining that of course is by auction like Ebay.
That's where I tend to sell my items. Sometimes they don't sell because I value them more than it turns out others do and my reserve isn't met.
Sometimes I'm amazed by how valuable things are that I put on as "junk" or that I decide to list without reserve.
The advantage of that approach is I don't have to think too much about what something is worth if I'm going to sell it. The market tells me.
Jeremy
Jeremy

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I'll tell you this Dave, good photos sell items and bring a premium price no matter where you sell online. Toss everything on the bench and shoot a crappy cellphone pic and you won't get near the interest. Take your time and dust everything off and make it look spiffy, then do some really nice photos. :thumbsup: And good luck with the sale!