A video debut

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice video and grest work Mark I still love my flintlock actually started to engrave by building a few rifles way back when still hunt with my 50 cal Great powder horn by the way nothing like the smell of charcoal and sulfer in the morning

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
I only knew a little bit about you Mark. That was a wonderful window to your life and work. I enjoyed the video as well.

Leland Davis

Elite Cafe Member
Mark, I like the video. I too make flint rifles and flint double barrel shotguns we seem to have a lot in common my bench is controlled chaos too.
Keep us posted on the other videos.
Thanks for showing, Leland

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Mark,I really enjoyed watching your video keep up the good work and I'll see you at the next knife show.:thumbsup: J.J.

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks everyone, I thought the ventriloquist did an excellent job ....... I certainly don't sound like that! LOL
Marty, flinters just have a warmth that just draw you back, he he.
Leland, controlled chaos? every thing on my bench is placed in it's proper spot ....... not my fault those places change rapidly! Love to see your work!
Steve, maybe more info than you wanted, lol.
Thank you Sam!
JJ, see you next year ol friend!

Fred Bowen

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Mark! If I ever get back to the CLA show I'll have to treat you with even more respect! Great work and video. If you can make it to Friendship in June and/or September, I'll be in the Rice Barrel booth. It'd be good to chat again.

Fred

Jerry K

Elite Cafe Member
Thanx Mark. I lived in Virginia for many years, built and hunted with flintlocks. I'm happy to see this artform carried forward.

Jerry K

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Fred, I doubt I make it to Friendship but would indeed look you up. You're hanging with a good group of guys, nice to see their business moving forward. LOL, more respect? the feeling is mutual my friend. Best wishes until our paths cross again.
Mark

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Great job Mark, you did well my friend, invading cats and all! As stated before, hope to get to Virginia to visit sometime.

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
No, no, not at all. I loved seeing all the tools at your bench. not more than I wanted. Everything was good. I am a tool guy. looks like a great place to live as well. Very inviting.

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
Thanx Mark. I lived in Virginia for many years, built and hunted with flintlocks. I'm happy to see this artform carried forward.

Jerry K

Jerry, where in Va. did you reside? I'm close to Harrisonburg. If you've not seen anything about the organization you might want to check out the Contemporary Longrifle Assoc., home office is in Staunton, Va. www.longrifle.com The founder put out a book a number of years ago titled, Following the Tradition by Gordon Barlow. It features a lot of contemporary work of many different genre of work. I wrote the chapter on embellishment. The book is filled with color photos and some very good text to broach the antique world to the contemporary.
Mark

jeceb90

Woodworking is the best thing to do, and your video inspire me to learn more, such great work you did.
I'm working with the smallest stuff like only cutting the parts with Bosch JS470E and I also think to own a machine to work right. I checked some reviews here and that's awesome power and low vibration.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors