Help, please: Shipping to Kuwait?

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I need some help, this is a first for me I have a client who is intrested in purchasing a firearm from me, how does one go about shipping to Kuwait? I have not committed but told him I would check.

Thanks for your help

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Crossbolt

Elite Cafe Member
I don't have experience outside "Western" countries, and particularly not with export but first off he ( I assume given the destination it's a he) should check and let you know what the permitting process is for his country. I haven't shipped there but fully expect that as a matter of routine that firearms are banned for import. There's enough paperwork involved in other countries where it's more openly permitted that I can't imagine it's not a supreme hassle if not outright banned. Sorry not to be of much practical help but I'd google Kuwait firearms import. There's probably a starting point out there somewhere.... maybe if he's a relative of one of the royal offspring he can get it in country.

Jeremy

P.S. Make sure he's willing to pay customs fees :)

Crossbolt

Elite Cafe Member
I got curious so here's a starting point the Kuwait customs website:

https://kuwait.visahq.com/customs/

Note: "A special permit from the Kuwait Ministry of the Interior will be needed in order to legally import any weapons". I expect that will be something needed by your potential customer; if it's something required of you I wouldn't bother. I admit I'm a little surprised it's permitted.

Jeremy

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It sure is he's into competition shooting, wish there was a place you could just drop it off and they manage the rest.

Thanks again

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

rmgreen

Elite Cafe Member
Carlos,

For you personally to ship a firearm anywhere outside the USA assuming you have an FFL. You will need to be registered with the US State Dept and comply with ITAR Regulations(some firearms and parts are prohibited for export). This registration for 1 year is $2250.00. Sometime back on this forum a big discussion came about for all of us in the firearms business were going to have to comply with ITAR Regulations that Obama was trying to impose on the firearms industry. There are those who will export firearms for you and who have the licenses to do so. It ain't CHEAP. The customer is responsible for all importation problems(cost) you are responsible for all exportation(cost) problems. This same problem exist if someone wants to have a serial number part or a parts which are listed under ITAR regulations such as barrels, sights and various of parts for engraving or repaired in a foreign country even Canada. You simply can not just hand these parts over to a common carrier and expect to send it. Normally there are other channels for a foreign customer to find the same part cheaper than having 1 exported by an individual. Having said all that if you and your customer persist I can send you contact information for these companies.

Andrew Biggs

Be very careful with this one.

He should know his own laws and be advising you what to do to make it legal at his end.

You have to know what is legal at your end.

International shipping of firearms is a complicated business now.

Cheers
Andrew

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Carlos,You may be being set up for a straw purchase,I walk away from this sale. J.J.

Mike_Morgan

Elite Cafe Member
Have your customer assign a trusted agent in this country. This can be an acquaintance of his, or an actual freight forwarding service. Ship the firearm to the agent. The Agent does the rest, you get paid, and it's out of your hands. Do NOT assign the forwarder yourself. Get payment in full before shipping from a non-reversable service such as Western Union.

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I would be very careful. Just to ship simple, non-threatening things out of the country now requires more paperwork and records than seems reasonable, but a firearm would be difficult. If you have an FFL you might want to contact customs in the US and just ask the question. They will tell you what you need to know and how to comply. Remember that even little things now like ivory grips on the gun will make it illegal to ship and possibly get you in a lot of hot water.

Gargoyle

Official Cafe Stone Carver
Use a good international shipping broker who handles the process turnkey door to door, including all insurance, customs, and handling. Then make sure you are paid in full prior to it leaving your shop, and that the funds have cleared. (and it's best to be paid at least 50% before you even start the work).

I've shipped sculpture to about 15 countries without problems, although of course weaponry has an additional layer of complexity.

That said, if it's a $1000 job it's not worth the hassle, if it's a $150,000 job it is.