Declaring value of items shipped overseas

wdale.bass

i shipped a lot of items to Brazil & the customs office was so corrupt I finally insisted my customers have a US shipping point as they are in & out of the country in the Florida area all the time. i had one shipment stay in customs for "further" inspection for over 8 weeks. The customer finally declared the shipment non-deliverable because of fees so customs returned it to me.(return shipping billed to me) I finally was able to get the shipment to the customer via the US address. I no longer ship to Brazil..

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Steve couldn't you contact customs and ask them to return to sender given the situation. Or will it return after so many days if not picked up.

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
If he did nothing at all, it would still be shipped back. All good points everyone. My main problem is trust, it reaches out and bites sometimes. Right now, I just want to have this pass. Maybe I can sell the item ( coin carving ) stateside.

JOEYS CARVED ART

Elite Cafe Member
Send him another package, with his wife's left hand in it. He will get the message that you mean business and that he needs to take care of his responsibilities which are the customs fees. More often than not when I send something internationally I always have some kind of problem.

Flashmo

Send him another package, with his wife's left hand in it. He will get the message that you mean business and that he needs to take care of his responsibilities which are the customs fees. More often than not when I send something internationally I always have some kind of problem.

Wouldn't it be easier to just leave a horse head in his bed...?

Sponsors