Engraved Signet Ring

Andrew Biggs

This is a quick project for a client that was fun to do. The feather has a special meaning for him.

A white gold signet ring and the face of the ring is about 10mm square.

The trick was to get the feather more animated and interesting so it could occupy the space better.

I always polish the face to a satin finish using green polishing paper. It enhances the engraving more than a gloss finish which will soon be scratched anyway.

Cheers
Andrew

Attachments

• Signet-ring-Feather.jpg
    Signet-ring-Feather.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 278

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Now that is way cool! Love the "artistic license" use for the space. Well conceived and executed.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
very nicely done. trying to optically center the feather, i guess just about perfect. other than the color, what is green paper? never heard of such.

Andrew Biggs

Thanks for that :)

Monk.......GRS sells the green polishing paper here http://www.grstools.com/surface-finishing/022-337.html

Mike Dubber put me onto it a few years ago and it's fantastic stuff. I use it to finish just about everything apart from bright cut work. It imparts a shiny satin finish to steel surfaces which enhances the engraving. It works wonders on gold and silver inlays but has to be used with care as it does wear down the gold, so be careful.

Cheers
Andrew

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Thanks for that :)

Monk.......GRS sells the green polishing paper here http://www.grstools.com/surface-finishing/022-337.html

Mike Dubber put me onto it a few years ago and it's fantastic stuff. I use it to finish just about everything apart from bright cut work. It imparts a shiny satin finish to steel surfaces which enhances the engraving. It works wonders on gold and silver inlays but has to be used with care as it does wear down the gold, so be careful.

Cheers
Andrew

tyvm for that, andrew.

Latest posts

Sponsors