another gold heist

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
I drove an armored truck for a while, in New York, but not the city. There are certain things you do, and certain things you don't. There's a high probability of an inside job, and there's always someone watching you. I guess we'll find out, as time goes on. Nice haul, though, of something not able to be traced!

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
That bucket weight something like 86 pounds! His face should be on hundreds of security cameras in NYC.

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
The fact of the matter is the fellow was led to the end of the rainbow by a little Leprechaun and therefore is entitled to that pot of gold. And that's the truth! ;~)

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
Recently we had a guy arrested for stealing gold from the Canadian mint by hiding it in his anus. No indication how much weight he was carrying at the time he got caught, but I assume it was far less that 86 pounds.Ha.Ha.
Cheers
Don

Gargoyle

Official Cafe Stone Carver
looks like he was just walking by, saw an opportunity and grabbed it with about 1/10 of a second of forethought and planning.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i think that was an "accident" of very careful planning. thieves usually have far less luck. if not a collaboration betwixt 2 or more people, i would be highly surprized.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
really? part of the plan was to have this master criminal lug nearly 90 lbs of scrap metal* in an open bucket for a number of blocks across Manhattan??? remind me to never plan a crime with you guys...

*a 5 gal. bucket of drywall mud weighs only about 62 lbs. next time you're in your local Home Depot or Lowes, go put 2-3 gallons of paint on top of a bucket of mud, then try carrying it two aisles, let alone 3-4 city blocks. if they knew the what/when/where to make the heist, they would've had a pretty good idea of how much it would weigh and planned accordingly. at the very least, a minimal plan would have allowed for a bag or box to disguise the contents, or maybe a dolly.

:beatup:

Gargoyle

Official Cafe Stone Carver
really? part of the plan was to have this master criminal lug nearly 90 lbs of scrap metal* in an open bucket for a number of blocks across Manhattan??? remind me to never plan a crime with you guys...

*a 5 gal. bucket of drywall mud weighs only about 62 lbs. next time you're in your local Home Depot or Lowes, go put 2-3 gallons of paint on top of a bucket of mud, then try carrying it two aisles, let alone 3-4 city blocks. if they knew the what/when/where to make the heist, they would've had a pretty good idea of how much it would weigh and planned accordingly. at the very least, a minimal plan would have allowed for a bag or box to disguise the contents, or maybe a dolly.

:beatup:
If it was part of an Hollywood movie, the guards would have dropped off the gold somewhere else, put an empty bucket, maybe with a tray on top with 1/4" of gold. The thief would run off with that and disappear, then get paid off later by the guards. All suspicion is then on the escape, which would be planned (perhaps a latex mask or lots of stage makeup to fool the cameras)....

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
If it was part of an Hollywood movie, the guards would have dropped off the gold somewhere else, put an empty bucket, maybe with a tray on top with 1/4" of gold. The thief would run off with that and disappear, then get paid off later by the guards. All suspicion is then on the escape, which would be planned (perhaps a latex mask or lots of stage makeup to fool the cameras)....

i like it. have a treatment on my desk by Monday. my people will call your people. we'll do lunch.

Latest posts

Sponsors