Anyone been watching the trends? Made for the masses...

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
There is some fairly cool looking stuff on there.

And I have no problem with people not wanting the seemingly required gold and diamonds.

maplesm

Elite Cafe Member
Most ER have a device to fracture them so to speak. Before I retired we had acquired one after a major disaster with one.

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
The devices to remove the carbide rings are not easy to find - if you travel to other countries or out in the boonies.

A 4 wheeler friend of mine had that problem after a rollover crash in the Baja, California desert...

They finally found a mechanic shop that had a vise.

Taped a bolt the size of the finger to the inside jaw to act as a stop to prevent crushing the finger.

Added a piece of pipe to extend & control the leverage and cracked/crushed it without damage to the finger.

B.

Last edited:

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here's my congratulations also Scott. Question: How are you going to keep her away from all the weirdos that show up for your Engrave-In at the next event? She may think that we're a bad influence on you. (Although we all know that the reverse is probably more accurate.) Still, we don't want to scare her away!

Actually it was Mark Thomas's invite to her to attend last years Engrave-In (2015) that put us onto each others radar screens. She didn't due to some timing reasons but we finally met in August of last year and the rest as they say is History. She helped cook at this years event . She will do a seminar on copper forming this coming year I think.

Last edited:

HGaston

I have to say not super classy, but sometimes useful. I box to stay in shape and wear my ring on a necklace, but this would be much easier. You definitely don't want real metal on your hand when making impact, even through the gloves.

Latest posts

Sponsors