Question: GRS Graver MachAT

LVCIAN

My new tools arrived and I'm well and truely excited.

Brand new Graver MachAT and 901 QC AT hand piece.

I've only really hand pushed before so the AT is a really exciting feature.

For those of you that use it, do you recommend an initial set up for the hand piece?
(Currently set up with a #6 pad and the .. palm cap)

Also, this hand piece, even at its shortest, is much longer than I'm used to. Brand new gravers are about an inch longer than my thumb. Can the pre-ground gravers be cut off on the back end without effecting the QC Holders ability to grasp the tool?

Takoyaki

Hi Lvcian,

can not really help You with the handpiece, as I`ve a Lindsay.
But about the length, just my personlal opinion, if too long, cut the graverblanks in half!
That way You get 2 Gravers, from 1 blank! It`s what I did with my traditional style graverblanks for setting.
They were just too long ...

Good luck, enjoy Your new tool!
:)

Regards
Tako

PS just my personal opinion!

Dan W

Elite Cafe Member
Yep, cut them off. The QC holder will still work and you will have better tool control.

Dan

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The number 6 is a good start. Set the air at 18-22 psi. Set the SPM at 23 (2300) to start as well. Good baseline and then you can play from there. I leave the gravers but many cut them. I cut them with a Dremel cut off wheel about 1/2 way and then break them off. Touch up the end with the power hone.

Bluetickhound

Elite Cafe Member
I have an older Gravermach and I love it. I'm also transitioning from hand pushing to air power and there will be a bit of re-learning but it won't take long. If you're like me, you'll find yourself making excuses to spend time at the bench, look up after what seems like just a few minutes only to find that a few hours have gone by.

Latest posts

Sponsors