Have you made the drawing committment?

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I tell students that if you want to excel in hand engraving, then you must learn to be proficient with drawing. There's just no way around it.
If you're not that serious and just want to engrave pretty things, then there are pattern books from which you can transfer and never have to draw a thing. Obviously this is extremely limiting.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This past year has been difficult for me as both my wife and I experienced severe health issues and I found it hard to get in the "mood" to draw, but draw I must if I'm to keep somewhat proficient at my work. I have found that even some seemingly sloppy drawing because of being tired or from the medication keeps the mind flowing. Oh well, such is the way of flowing into old age!

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
This past year has been difficult for me as both my wife and I experienced severe health issues and I found it hard to get in the "mood" to draw, but draw I must if I'm to keep somewhat proficient at my work. I have found that even some seemingly sloppy drawing because of being tired or from the medication keeps the mind flowing. Oh well, such is the way of flowing into old age!

Sorry to hear that Big-Un. I hope 2018 will be a healthier and better year for you and your wife.

alladin

I have recently purchased Lee Griffiths book & dvd package, hoping this will guide me in the right direction.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sorry to hear that Big-Un. I hope 2018 will be a healthier and better year for you and your wife.

Thank you Sam. Things are looking up for us and we're not going to let illness get us down. She is recovering from complications of knee surgery and I'm on the mend from A-fib issues and from a campolectus virus 18 months ago (lost 40 lbs in 4 days), a virus that attacked my lower intestines and then chose to attack my heart. I'm almost back from the effects of it, as it takes 2-3 years to be completely cured. But, other than that , I'm fine! In fact, I'm planning on using 2018 to prepare for trying for Master status at the 2019 FEGA meeting. I'm just praying for the best.

Bill

Latest posts

Sponsors