new schedule for the 2017 Engrave In, Glyptic arts Gathering

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The 2017 Engrave In is going to be staged a little differently. It is still tied into the Blade Show dates , which are June 2-4, but we are making the following schedule changes to better accommodate everyone, especially those who want beginners worskhops on the weekend.

The Engrave In , Glyptic Arts Gathering are as following:

Friday, June 2, early arrivals, set up.

Saturday, June 3, (option 1) Car Pool to Atlanta to Blade, returning late that night

Saturday June 3 (option 2) barn raising to put tin on another 10’x40’ section of the picnic shelter, (making it 40’x40’ total)

Sunday, June 4 Beginners day. 10-3, Basic instruction classes for wanna be engravers, this will cover hobo nickels, gun/knife work, and jewelry

4-9? 10? 11? Supper, fellowship, campfire, picking and grinning

Monday June 5, Advance seminars on engraving, casting, or other types of metal forming or carving. Table displays, gun shooting and other fun things.

Tuesday June 6 Workshop on the Waters, Canoe trip on the nearby Sequatchie River, bring your floating ball vises

Bluetickhound

Elite Cafe Member
I live just south of Atlanta. Tell me more about this please as I am definitely interested and even more definitely a beginner...

Wade Patton

I had heard of this Engrave-In from a few years ago, but found nothing online about it and assumed it had expired.

Glad to find the event yet exists. Nearly in my back yard. I'll be there for sure.

Where/when/how do we find a schedule of fees? I emailed you eight days ago, before I found out there was or had been an Engrave In.

I'm learning via video and FEGA seminar tapes now (VHS whoot!). Maybe can make better scratches by then.

Last edited:

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm planning on making it this year. Health is somewhat stabilized so I may be able to help with the barn raising! supervise maybe?

Bill

Omar Haltam

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Scott
i am very interested in attending
i live in Raleigh, sonAtlanta is a 6 hour drive away.
how can i sign up and get more info
Thanks

~Omar

Mike Fennell

Elite Cafe Member
I will be there, Scott. I plan to set up a FEGA registration table and banners similar to last year. Do you have an extra table, or shall I bring my own? I can bring extension cords for electicity. I'll see if Tim and Jerry will be traveling with me and whoever else I can bring from the midwest.

Thanks,

Mike Fennell
FEGA V.P. Blue

Latest posts

Sponsors