Critique Request First ettempt "Fine English Scroll"

First attempt to engrave Fine English Scroll after studying Marcus Hunt book.

Attachments

• Folder-English-Fine-Scroll.jpg
    Folder-English-Fine-Scroll.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 326

Crossbolt

Elite Cafe Member
From what I see the cuts look very good; I like the bouquet composition.
I'm not sure about the overall sizing though. The central bouquet seems squeezed against the edges and the scrolls to the left seem not to extend out enough to the edge. I'd be happy if I were at the point where I could cut like that though. Thanks for posting.
Jeremy

Omar Haltam

Elite Cafe Member
looks like a great start
i don't know if i like the second bouquet toward the rear of the knife...
otherwise looks great

Tanks Omar, the bouquet to the right does not feel right it is in any case too large. I have engraved the knife freehand without a sketch, and then it is easy that not everything will be great.

AliAtiyabi

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the comments, I agree with the size of the bouquet in the center is too large.

The bouquet in the center, to me is not too large on the other hand it is in its right size but the only matter is the last two ones which from one side they are attached to each other while it would be better if the space would be reckoned at first and then start in a case that there is enough space for all the designs and from the other hand the scroll at the rare seems bigger than the first one which if we take the symmetry into consideration both should be in the same size.

Thanks Brian, it warmed me to get such nice words from you, it might mean that I am not a completely hopeless case when it comes to engraving. I have taken the views of this forum, and will now engrave the other side of the knife and make it a little better than the first.

Sponsors