How to convert Leica A60F to high quality video inspection system

davefr

I have a Leica A60F which I really like. I'd like to add video inspection capability similar to the below image.

I know Tira sells a camera mount but which camera would give me nice high resolution images with zoom in the range of 5X-10X. I would plan to use a laptop or external monitor.

I assume std. video microscope camersa are not feasible since they are all C mount and manual focus/zoom??

Thanks

Attachments

• base_microzoom.jpg
    base_microzoom.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 121

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
I don't know what a "standard microscope camera" is, but I have one that I got from aliexpress and I am completely happy with the results it gives me, especially considering the 114 EUR pricetag. Here's a little video test I did - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npCZbVo4B64

Yes, it has manual focus, but at least for my puproses that is completely fine. Has HDMI and USB outputs, can save video and photos directly to micro SD card and has Sony sensor. Here's the body. You can buy several different lens for it, fixed and zooms.

For the stand we welded one together that holds standard tripod ball head, camera has the standard tripod mount threads on it. So very easy to use.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors