Leica A60 Microscope adaptor

Bladesworks

Hi All, I got a Leica a couple of years ago, very happy with it, I am a wax carver more than an engraver but you lot are the nearest group I have found.

I have just got a GRS adaptor through Rio (easiest way to post to the UK) and my Leica objective lens won't screw into it. I asked GRS but got no reply. I have put a mike on diameters and it all seems the same, the only thing I can see is that the threads inside the adaptor have flat tops. Not cut in as far as they should be?

Can someone who has one in the same set up have a look and tell me if this is standard? I assumed that all the threads, scope , adaptor, lens cover would be the same. cheers, Tim

Aurifex

If genuine GRS it should fit your A60. I want one myself but not got one yet. I hope you can get the issue solved.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
one could possably mount the unit with 3 mini bolts. i had a similar problem. solved nicely with hotmelt glue. a tad on the ugly side, but way cheaper. ymmv

Bladesworks

Just received a replacement from GRS, fits perfectly, the threads on the original weren't cut in far enough. Excellent service!!